COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State head coach Thad Matta signed a pair of recruits for the 2017-18 season Wednesday.
Braxton Beverly, a 6-foot guard from Hazard, Ky., and Kaleb Wesson, a 6-foot-9-inch forward from Westerville, Ohio, will join the Buckeyes for the 2017-18 campaign.
6-0, 180, Guard
Perry County Central High School & Hargrave Military Academy
– Co-captain of Hargrave Academy’s national title team that finished last year 47-1
– Averaged 20.1 points, 6.4 assists and 2.2 steals in his first season at Hargrave
– Teammates at Hargrave with current Buckeye Derek Funderburk
– Was a 2,000-point scorer at Perry County Central High School, first lettering in the seventh grade
6-9, 280, Forward
Westerville South High School
– Helped lead Westerville South to a Division I state championship in 2016
– Has tallied 723 points, 518 rebounds, 99 assists, and 166 blocked shots during his high school career after averaging 14.9 points, 9.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game as a junior
– First team All-Ohio Capital Conference (Cardinal) in 2015 and 2016
– All-Ohio honorable mention in 2015
– Participated in 2015-16 USA U-17 World Championship team training camp and was named to the 2015-16 USA Men’s Junior National Team
– Brother, Andre, is a freshman on the Buckeye basketball team while father, Keith, played at Ohio State from 1983-87