#15 Iowa 88, Michigan State 58
- Iowa’s 30-point win is its largest margin of victory ever in games played in East Lansing, best an 18-point win (75-57) in 1983.
- Iowa’s 88 points are the most points scored at Michigan State since 1993 (96-90 OT).
- Iowa posted just its second regular season sweep over Michigan State since the 1993-94 season (2015-16). Today’s win was just Iowa’s second in its last 23 games in East Lansing (2016).
- Joe Wieskamp netted a game-best 21 points, leading the team in scoring for the fourth time in Iowa’s last six games. Wieskamp topped 20 points for the fifth time this season and 15th time in his career (needs updating).
- Jack Nunge tied a career best with 18 points a posted game and career bests in rebounds (11) and assists (6). Nunge posted the first double-double of the season and second of his career. He reached double figures for the third time in five games.
- Iowa made 13 3-pointers today, including eight in the first half. Wieskamp, who ranks 10th in career 3-pointers at Iowa, sank five treys, marking the seventh time in nine games the junior has made three 3-pointers or more. Connor McCaffery sank a personal best with four triples.
- Jordan Bohannon moved into second place on the Big Ten career 3-pointers list surpassing Penn State’s Shep Garner. He is 37 triples from the conference leader, Jon Diebler of Ohio State. Bohannon scored six points moving him into the top 15 in Iowa career scoring. Bohannon registered four assists today making him just the second player in program history with 600 assists (Jeff Horner).
- Guard CJ Fredrick did not play in today’s game (lower leg injury).
- Iowa led by as many as 34 points in the second half.