Cyclones Square Off With Panthers Tuesday
Where: McLeod Center – Cedar Falls, Iowa
When: Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 6:30 PM
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Chris Williams
Iowa State hits the road once again to take on Northern Iowa on Tuesday, Dec. 15 in Cedar Falls. The Cyclones lead the all-time series 36-10, but have lost the last two to the Panthers. Iowa State 14-8 all-time at UNI.
- Junior Ashley Joens is leading the nation in scoring, averaging 30.8 points a game. Joens has notched four 30-point games, dropping 36 points at SDSU, 33 at TCU, 32 against South Carolina and 35 against Iowa.
- Her stellar play this season has earned her Big 12 Player of the Week twice.
- The Cyclones have three freshmen currently in the starting lineup, and are one of just two power-5 teams to start three freshmen, joining Cal.
- Freshman Lexi Donarski has tallied double figures in four games this season. She dropped 25 points against NDSU, earning Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors. Donarski has emerged as Iowa State’s second-leading scorer with 12.0 PPG.
- Senior Kristin Scott rounds out the Cyclones averaging double figures with 10.0 points. She is also averaging 5.2 boards per game, which is second on the team.
- Emily Ryan is second in the Big 12 in assists per game wth 5.5 per contest. She has 33 dimes on the year.
Joens Among NCAA’s Top Active Career Leaders
- Junior guard Ashley Joens is flying up the NCAA’s active career leader rankings after a monster start to her junior year.
- Joens is currently seventh in the NCAA in active career scoring average, netting 17.0 points per contest.
- She ranks second in active career scoring among juniors in the NCAA, with 1,187 career points.
- Joens is also tied at 17th in career double-doubles with 22.
- Joens is swiftly climbing the NCAA’s career free-throws made category, with 288 made in her career, which ranks 21st.
Nation’s longest 3-point streak
- The Iowa State women’s basketball team has the nation’s longest streak for consecutive games with a 3-pointer, sitting at 805.
- The streak began on Feb. 19, 1995 at Colorado when Tara Gunderson netted a triple.
- Iowa State has made 6,354 triples over the course of the streak and made 10 or more in a game 233 times.
- Iowa State has hit 200 or more 3-pointers in a season 18-straight seasons, which is an NCAA record. Iowa State has netted 48 3-pointers this season.