|INDIANA FEVER ANNOUNCE 20TH SEASON SCHEDULE FOR 2019
Anniversary Week features celebratory home dates June 1 and June 7
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Fever open their 20th season at New York on May 24 and celebrate the first home game of their anniversary season by hosting the Liberty at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Saturday, June 1, as announced today in conjunction with release of the 2019 WNBA schedule.
The Fever, founded on June 7, 1999, played their first game on June 1, 2000. Indiana will celebrate the 20th season of its franchise with home games on both dates in 2019, as part of a four-game homestand to help tip off the season. Following the season-opening date at New York, Indiana visits Connecticut, May 28, before returning home for Anniversary Week to commemorate the Fever’s historical beginning.
• June 1: Indiana launches its 20th home schedule by hosting the Liberty exactly 19 years after defeating the Miami Sol, 57-54, in the first game in club history.
• June 7: Indiana entertains the Dallas Wings exactly 20 years after being awarded its franchise.
• June 9 and 11: The Fever welcome Phoenix and defending WNBA champion Seattle to cap the anniversary week.
Veteran WNBA coach Pokey Chatman begins her third season with Indiana as the Fever embark on a 34-game regular season slate that concludes Sunday, Sept. 8 at home against Connecticut.
In what is the WNBA’s 23rd season, Indiana faces the Liberty four times with road games at the beginning and end (Sept. 6) of the schedule, and three games apiece against each of the league’s remaining 10 teams.
Schedule highlights include:
• One of the Fever’s largest crowds every season is welcomed during an annual Kids Day afternoon game, popular with area summer camps. Indiana hosts the Las Vegas Aces at noon, July 10.
• The Fever welcome a pair of four-game homestands in 2019 – July 1-11 while celebrating its Anniversary Week; and July 10-19 with bouts against Las Vegas, Los Angeles (July 12), Connecticut (July 14) and Washington (July 19).
• The fourth year of the WNBA’s balanced schedule features a home/road mix that features four road dates against WNBA Finalists Seattle and Washington. The Fever also will travel twice to Chicago, Dallas, New York and Phoenix. Indiana hosts dual home dates with six clubs: Atlanta, Connecticut, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minnesota and New York.
2019 INDIANA FEVER REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time
Fri. 24 at New York 7:30 p.m.
Tue. 28 at Connecticut 7:00 p.m.
Sat. 1 New York 7:00 p.m.
Fri. 7 Dallas 7:00 p.m.
Sun. 9 Phoenix 4:00 p.m.
Tue. 11 Seattle 7:00 p.m.
Thu. 13 at Dallas 8:00 p.m.
Sat. 15 Chicago 7:00 p.m.
Wed. 19 at Atlanta 11:00 a.m.
Fri. 21 at Chicago 8:00 p.m.
Sun. 23 at Seattle 7:00 p.m.
Tue. 25 Minnesota 7:00 p.m.
Fri. 28 at Phoenix 10:00 p.m.
Sat. 29 at Las Vegas 10:30 p.m.
Fri. 5 at Dallas 8:00 p.m.
Wed. 10 Las Vegas 12:00 p.m.
Fri. 12 Los Angeles 7:00 p.m.
Sun. 14 Connecticut 4:00 p.m.
Fri. 19 Washington 7:00 p.m.
Sun. 21 at Chicago 6:00 p.m.
Tue. 23 at Phoenix 10:00 p.m.
Wed. 31 Atlanta 7:00 p.m.
Sat. 3 Minnesota 7:00 p.m.
Thu. 8 at Washington 7:00 p.m.
Sat. 10 Atlanta 4:00 p.m.
Sun. 18 at Washington 3:00 p.m.
Tue. 20 New York 7:00 p.m.
Thu. 22 at Los Angeles 10:30 p.m.
Sun. 25 at Seattle 7:00 p.m.
Tue. 27 Las Vegas 7:00 p.m.
Thu. 29 Los Angeles 7:00 p.m.
Sun. 1 at Minnesota 7:00 p.m.
Fri. 6 at New York 7:30 p.m.
Sun. 8 Connecticut 4:00 p.m.
All times are ET | Times are subject to change
For season or group ticket information, call (317) 917-2528.
Entering their 20th WNBA season in 2019, the Indiana Fever hold a top-three draft pick for the second consecutive season, with hopes of beginning another playoff streak. A WNBA playoff participant in a league-record 12 straight seasons (2005-16) and 13 times since 2002, the Fever made WNBA Finals appearances in 2009 and 2015 and won a WNBA championship in 2012. For single-game ticket information or 2019 season ticket information, visit FeverBasketball.com or call (317) 917-2528.
|For additional information on the Indiana Fever, contact:
Kevin Messenger, Director of Media Relations: (317) 917-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org