Aces back home for pair of games against Drake
Evansville puts undefeated home record on the line against Bulldogs
Credit Source: University of Evansville Athletics
EVANSVILLE – Looking to preserve an unblemished record at home, the University of Evansville women’s basketball team hosts Drake this weekend for a pair of Missouri Valley Conference contests on Thursday and Friday inside Meeks Family Fieldhouse.
|Evansville vs. Drake | 6 PM | Jan. 7 & 8|
|Date | Time||Thurs., Jan. 7 | 6 PM
Fri., Jan. 8 | 6 PM
|Site||Meeks Family Fieldhouse|
|Jan. 7 & 8||Evansville vs. Drake|
|Follow Along||Live Stats | ESPN3 (Game 1) | ESPN3 (Game 2)|
|Evansville||Women’s Basketball Site | Twitter | Game Notes|
Last Time Out: SIU 69, Evansville 51
- Sophomore Abby Feit bounced-back with 15 points and eight rebounds to lead the Aces, while fellow sophomore Sydney Thurwalker scored 11 points and recorded five rebounds coming off the bench.
- Jossie Hudson narrowly missed scoring in double-figures with nine points in the game. For the Salukis, Payton McCallister powered SIU with 17 points, including three triples.
- The Aces kept pace with SIU for much of the opening half, trailing by just one with 6:25 left in the second quarter.
- Following Evansville cutting its deficit to one, SIU closed the half on an 18-8 run to take an 11-point lead at the break.
- Despite making multiple pushes back, Evansville was unable to close back within single digits of the Salukis as SIU’s lead grew as large as 20 in the 69-51 win.
Previewing the Matchup: Drake
- Evansville and Drake are meeting for the 59th time in series history with the Bulldogs owning a 44-14 advantage in the all-time series
- Drake captured both of last season’s meetins, first with a 108-44 win on Jan. 19 in Des Moines followed by a 66-51 win on Feb. 13 in Meeks Family Fieldhouse.
- The Bulldogs enter the back-to-back games with an 11-game winning streak over the Aces dating back to an 84-79 overtime win for Evansville in the MVC Tournament on March 13, 2015.
- Drake is coming off a weekend split with Bradley, taking the first game, 71-56, and falling in the second game, 80-75.
- The Aces failed to reach the 60-point mark in each of their contests at SIU this past weekend, marking the first times this season that Evansville has scored less than 60 points.
- Evansville looks to defend home court this week as the Aces enter the Drake series with an unblemished 4-0 record inside Meeks Family Fieldhouse this season.
- Over the next two weeks, Evansville will play four-straight home games, first with a home series against Drake, followed by a pair of games against Bradley.
- The Aces are in search of their first MVC win since a 59-56 win over Indiana State on March 1, 2019.
Forcing Opponents Into Fouls
- Improving upon recent seasons, Evansville has drawn more fouls on its opponents.
- Evansville sits in the 100th-percentile in opponent foul percentage with 28% of possessions on both the offensive and defensive end resulting in an opponent foul.
- Sophomore Abby Feit leads the Aces in fouls drawn this season, drawing 31 fouls through seven games.
Maintaining Top 5
- Despite hitting just two three-pointers on Saturday, Evansville held its position in the top five in the nation in three-point percentage.
The Aces are shooting 43% from beyond the arc on the season, hitting 39 triples.
- INFO: For all of the latest information on University of Evansville athletics, visit GoPurpleAces.com or follow the program on Twitter via @UEAthletics.