FINAL: #10 Iowa 77, #14 Rutgers 75
- Today’s win over No. 14 Rutgers was Iowa’s first over a ranked opponent on the road since winning at No. 21 Wisconsin on March 2, 2017.
- All-American Luka Garza netted a game-high 25 points today surpassing Aaron White for second on Iowa’s all-time scoring chart trailing only Roy Marble.
- Fran McCaffery tied Lute Olson for the second most Big Ten wins as an Iowa head coach (92).
- Iowa improved to 8-2 all-time against Rutgers, including a 4-1 mark in games played in Piscataway, New Jersey. The last two Iowa-Rutgers games in Piscataway have both been decided by two points.
- Iowa was credited with a season-high nine blocks.
- Freshman Keegan Murray posted personal bests in scoring (14) and rebounding (9).
- Iowa finished the game making nine of its last 12 field goals over the last 8:57.
- Connor McCaffery injured his right ankle three minutes into the game and did not return.
- Jordan Bohannon sank three 3-pointers today to move past Joe Crispin for eighth place in the Big Ten’s career 3-point field goals made list.
The Hawkeyes return to the East Coast next Thursday, Jan. 7, against Maryland. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CT) at the Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland.