#5 Iowa 86, #16 Minnesota 71
Credit Source: University of Iowa Athletics
- The Hawkeyes won their ninth straight home game over a against AP ranked opponents, dating back to last season. That’s the longest such streak in program history during the AP Poll era (since 1948-49).
- The nation’s scoring leader Luka Garza finished with a game-best 33 points, five rebounds, and three assists. The All-American posted his sixth 30-point effort of the season and 11th of his career, second most in program history (13, John Johnson).
- Joe Wieskamp’s free throw with 17:48 remaining in the second half was his 1,000th career point, becoming the 50th Hawkeye to achieve that milestone. Wieskamp tallied 20 points, equaling his season high set twice before (Northern Illinois, Gonzaga).
- Iowa improved to 8-0 when Jordan Bohannon makes multiple 3-pointers. Bohannon (19 points) made a game-high four triples this afternoon. In addition to his 19 points, Bohannon recorded a career-high 14 assists (zero turnovers). The 14 assists was two shy of the school record.
- Iowa has won 22 of its last 23 games inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, dating back to last season.
- Iowa, who leads the league in assists per game, was credited with 27 assists on 31 field goals.