Credit Source: Iowa State University Athletics
Where: United Supermarkets Arena- Lubbock, Texas
When: Sunday, Jan. 10 at 3 PM
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Jamie Steyer
Talent: Tyler Denning, Andrea Lloyd
Iowa State hits the road again to take on Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas on Sunday at 3 p.m. on ESPNU. Iowa State leads the all-time series 23-15 and the Cyclones have won seven of the last eight against the Lady Raiders.
- Junior Ashley Joens is fifth in the nation in scoring, averaging 25.2 points a game. Joens was most recently named to the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25, which honors the nation’s top player.
- Sophomore Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw returned for the Cyclones after being sidelined due to injury for ISU’s first seven games. Espenmiller-McGraw is averaging 9.3 points per game in just 14 minutes per game.
- Senior Kristin Scott is averaging double figures with 11.8 points. She is also averaging 6.2 boards per game, which is second on the team. Scott as named to the Lisa Leslie Watch List at the start of the season.
- Emily Ryan is first in the Big 12 in assists per game with 5.9 per contest. She has 59 dimes on the year, which ranks first nationally. Ryan dropped 20 points and 10 dimes for a career-high night against Drake, earning her first Big 12 Freshman of the Week honor.
- Iowa State women’s basketball is ranked 32nd in the initial NET rankings. The Big 12 was the only autonomy league to have all teams in the top 126. Baylor (3), Texas (20) and Iowa State (32) are all ranked in the top 35.
Did Someone Say Freshmen?
- Iowa State’s freshmen class of Lexi Donarski, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan and Aubrey Joens have made an immediate impact on the Cyclones this season.
- Iowa State leads all power-5 schools with 30 freshman starts.
- Iowa State also ranks second among power 5 schools with 874 minutes by true freshmen, just behind North Carolina.
- The Cyclone freshmen have also totaled 40 percent of Iowa State’s scoring on the year, tallying 305 of Iowa State’s 761.
- Iowa State and California are the only two schools to start three freshmen this season.
Joens Among NCAA’s Top Active Career Leaders
- Junior guard Ashley Joens is flying up the NCAA’s active career leader rankings after a monster start to her junior year.
- Joens is currently eighth in the NCAA in active career scoring average, netting 16.9 points per contest.
- She ranks second in active career scoring among juniors in the NCAA, with 1,254 career points.
- Joens is also tied at 20th in career double-doubles with 22.
- Joens is swiftly climbing the NCAA’s career free-throws made category, with 305 made in her career, which ranks 24th.
- Joens also ranks 14th in career free-throw percentage at 80.3 percent.