Iowa State Travels To Kansas
Credit Source: Iowa State University Athletics
Where: Allen Fieldhouse- Lawrence, Kansas
When: Wednesday, Feb 17 at 7 PM
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Aubrey Joens, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Jamie Steyer
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Talent: Josh Klingler, Jill Dorsey-Hall
Iowa State is looking for its 12th-straight win over Kansas on Wednesday in Lawrence. KU narrowly leads the all-time series 48-42 and the Cyclones are 14-27 all-time in Lawrence. Iowa State is looking for its 10th win in conference play for the third-straight season. ISU finished 10-8 in 2019-20 and 13-5 in 2018-19. ISU has also won 10 or more league games 11 times.
- Preseason All-American Ashley Joens is eighth in the nation in scoring, averaging 23.6 points a game. She currently ranks 12th in school history in scoring (1,497 points). Joens was most recently named to the Wooden Award Late Season Top 20 Watch List, Naismith Trophy Midseason Team and the Cheryl Miller Award Top 10.
- Joens is one of two players in the nation averaging over 23+ points and 8.0+ rebounds per game. She has four career 30-point, 15-rebound performances. All other former Cyclones combine for three all-time.
- Iowa State women’s basketball is ranked 32nd in the NET rankings. Iowa State has played 21 games this season, which is among the top-20 in nation for games played, 10 of which have been on the road. The Cyclones have also faced the 13th toughest schedule to date in the nation. Of teams ranked in the AP Top 25, the Cyclones rank in the top-5 in strength of schedule.
- Cyclone freshmen have claimed six of the Big 12’s 12 Freshman of the Week honors, with Lexi Donarski (3), Emily Ryan (2) and Kylie Feuerbach (1) earning top honors.
- Feuerbach, Donarski, Ryan and Aubrey Joens all rank in the top-12 in scoring among freshmen in the Big 12.n (2) and Kylie Feuerbach (1) earning top honors.
- Feuerbach, Donarski, Ryan and Aubrey Joens all rank in the top-11 in scoring among freshmen in the Big 12.
Did Someone Say Freshmen?
- Iowa State’s freshmen class of Lexi Donarski, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan and Aubrey Joens have made an immediate impact on the Cyclones this season.
- Iowa State freshmen have claimed five of the Big 12’s Freshman of the week honors, with Donarski and Ryan each grabbing a pair, and Feuerbach earning one after scoring 15 points against BU.
- Iowa State leads all power-5 schools with 63 freshman starts.
- Iowa State also ranks first among power 5 schools with 2,020 minutes by true freshmen.
- The Cyclone freshmen have also totaled 40.6 percent of Iowa State’s scoring on the year, tallying 646 of Iowa State’s 1,588.
- Iowa State is the only power-5 school to start three freshmen in all games this season.
- All four of Iowa State’s freshmen ranks in the top-12 in the Big 12 in scoring among freshmen.
Joens Climbing The Record Book
Junior Ashley Joens is swiftly etching her name into the Iowa State women’s basketball record book. After a monster sophomore campaign she soared into the all-time career scoring and rebounding average rankings.
All-Time Scoring Average
1. Ashley Joens Present 17.6
2. Bridget Carleton 2016-19 17.3
All-Time Rebounding Average
1. Stephannie Smith 1986-87 10.0
2. Angie Welle 1999-02 9.2
3. Seanna Johnson 2013-17 8.7
Chelsea Poppens 2010-13 8.7
5. Tonya Burns 1982-85 8.1
Ashley Joens Present 8.1
All-Time Career Scoring
10. Alison Lacey 2006-10 1,620
11. Ashley Joens 2018- 1,497