Iowa State Travels To No. 6 Baylor Saturday
Credit Source: Iowa State University Athletics
Where: Ferrell Center- Waco, Texas
When: Saturday, Jan. 16 at 7 PM
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Jamie Steyer
Talent: Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck
Iowa State hits the road to take on No. 6 Baylor in Waco, Texas on Saturday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. on ESPNU. Baylor leads the all-time series 30-8, but the Cyclones claimed the last meeting with the Lady Bears, 57-56, snapping BU’s 58-game conference win streak.
- Junior Ashley Joens is eighth in the nation in scoring, averaging 24.4 points a game. Joens was most recently named to the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25, which honors the nation’s top player.
- Joens joins Michigan’s Naz Hillmon as the only two players in the country averaging over 24.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG and shooting 47 percent from the field.
- Iowa State leads the Big 12 in scoring offense in conference games. The Cyclones have scored 86.0 points a game through five games in league play. ISU has scored over 90 points in games against Kansas State, TCU, Texas Tech and OSU. ISU is also averaging 12.8 3-pointers in league play.
- Iowa State women’s basketball is ranked 28th in the NET rankings. Only one team in the top-43 has played more road games than the Cyclones, (No. 1 Stanford).
- In the last six seasons Baylor has lost just six games in league action. ISU is the only Big 12 team to beat Baylor twice in that time span.
- The Cyclones added Izzi Zingaro to the roster on Jan. 12. Zingaro was a member of the Cyclones’ 2021 signing class. She joined the Cyclones at semester from Bolton, Ontario, Canada and is a 6-4 post player.
Nation’s Longest 3-point Streak
- The Iowa State women’s basketball team has the nation’s longest streak for consecutive games with a 3-pointer, sitting at 811.
- The streak began on Feb. 19, 1995 at Colorado when Tara Gunderson netted a triple.
- Iowa State has made 6,429 triples over the course of the streak and made 10 or more in a game 237 times.
- Iowa State has hit 200 or more 3-pointers in a season 18-straight seasons, which is an NCAA record. Iowa State has netted 123 3-pointers this season.
- The Cyclones set a new school record for 3-pointers in a game with 19 at Texas Tech on Jan. 11. The Cyclones shot a blistering 19-of-40 beyond-the-arc, to take down the record.
- A total of nine different Cyclones combined for 19 from long range. Morgan Kane set the record with her first 3-pointer on the year with just a few minutes to go in Lubbock.
- The Cyclones have connected on 35 triples in Iowa State’s last two games. Iowa State has also netted 14 or more in four of their last five games.
- Iowa State is averaging 10.3 from long range per game, which ranks ninth in the nation.