No. 24 Iowa State Hosts Oklahoma Tuesday
Credit Source: University of Iowa Athletics
Where: Hilton Coliseum- Ames, Iowa
When: Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 6:30 PM
Projected Starting Lineup: Kristin Scott, Ashley Joens, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Molly Parrott
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Talent: John Walters, Lyndsey Fennelly
No. 24 Iowa State returns to Hilton Coliseum to take on Oklahoma on Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 6:30 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. The Cyclones are fresh off a win at No. 6 Baylor in Waco, snapping the Lady Bears 61-game home win streak, earning espnW’s Team of the Week. ISU sits atop the Big 12 standings at 5-1. ISU is looking to win its fourth-straight Big 12 game.
- Junior Ashley Joens is eighth in the nation in scoring, averaging 24.6 points a game. Joens was most recently named to the Wooden Award Midseason Top 25, which honors the nation’s top player.
- Joens joins Michigan’s Naz Hillmon as the only two players in the country averaging over 24.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG and shooting 47 percent from the field.
- Iowa State returned to the national rankings wat No. 24 after going 2-0 on the week, defeating Oklahoma State and winning at No. 6 Baylor.
- Iowa State leads the Big 12 in scoring offense in conference games. The Cyclones have scored a Big 12 leading 84.1 points a game through six games in league play, nearly 10 points higher than Baylor in second, 74.3 PPG.
- Iowa State women’s basketball is ranked 22nd in the NET rankings. Iowa State has played 13 games this season, which is 10th in the nation. Of ISU’s 13 games, seven have been on the road, while ISU’s nine wins also ranks in the top-20 nationally.
- Iowa State is 5-1 in Big 12 action, marking its best start in conference play since the 2004-05 season.
- The Iowa State women’s basketball team snapped the Lady Bears 61-game home win streak with a 75-71 win over BU.
- The win marked the first time Iowa State has won a game in Waco since 1997.
- Few Big 12 teams have grabbed a win over Baylor in the last six seasons, as Baylor has lost just seven Big 12 games in that span, three of which have been to the Cyclones. No team has defeated BU twice in that span.
- Iowa State has now won back-to-back games against Baylor for the first times since winning in 1997 and then in the 1998-99 season.
Did Someone Say Freshmen?
- Iowa State’s freshmen class of Lexi Donarski, Kylie Feuerbach, Emily Ryan and Aubrey Joens have made an immediate impact on the Cyclones this season.
- Iowa State freshmen have claimed four of the Big 12’s first eight Freshman of the week honors, with Donarski and Ryan each grabbing a pair.
- Iowa State leads all power-5 schools with 39 freshman starts.
- Iowa State also ranks second among power 5 schools with 1,166 minutes by true freshmen, just behind North Carolina.
- The Cyclone freshmen have also totaled 41.0 percent of Iowa State’s scoring on the year, tallying 421 of Iowa State’s 1,025.
- Iowa State and California are the only two schools to start three freshmen this season.