Hanover Pulls Away from Anderson
Credit Source: Anderson University Athletics
Hanover College (6-4) pulled away from the Anderson University men’s basketball team (7-4) with a 78-54 victory on Friday in Hanover.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cade Gentry knocked down a 3-pointer for the Ravens for the opening score of the game. Both teams remained within four points for the first eight minutes of the game.
- Hanover scored seven points in a row to take a 21-11 lead with 10 minutes, 29 seconds left in the half.
- A layup from Gavin Dowling and a 3-pointer from Austin Lyons cut Anderson’s deficit to 27-21 with 4:29 left in the half. Hanover led 36-24 at halftime.
- The Panthers outscored the Ravens 42-30 in the second half.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Hanover drained 33-of-55 (60 percent) shots from the field while Anderson made 19-of-57 (33.3 percent) attempts from the floor.
- The Panthers outscored the Ravens 38-16 in the paint.
- Fred Shropshire led the Ravens with 13 points.
- Ronny Williams notched 12 points, five assists and three steals.
- Francis Uzorh and Gentry contributed eight points each.
COACH OWEN HANDY’S COMMENTS
- Hanover was simply better than we were [on Friday]. They had the commitment to working for great shots, and we did not. That is evident by the variance in the teams’ respective shooting percentages.
- We have played really hard this season. We have not always focused our effort on the things that matter to winning. I thought we played hard, but we didn’t focus our effort on the things that matter to winning.
- The double-weekends we are playing right now are a mixed bag in terms of positive and negatives. I don’t mean that to be critical of our format, because it has allowed us to play, but one of the things I like about it is the opportunity to learn and immediately re-apply the lessons the next time out. We’ve done a really good job of that all year, and I expect nothing different on Sunday.
Anderson clashes with Hanover on Sunday at 4 p.m. in O.C. Lewis Gymnasium.